DiSC Classic 2.0 - Online Assessment
The DiSC Classic Profile 2.0 is the online version of DiSC Personal Profile System personality test based on William Moulton Marston‘s DISC theory. DiSC Classic 2.0 is published by John Wiley & Sons (formerly Inscape Publishing and Carlson Learning). Users taking this DiSC assessment will discover their primary DiSC Style and also learn about their DiSC Classical Pattern. This assessment supports many needs including team building, management development, sales skills training, customer service and more.
DiSC Classic 2.0 is valid and reliable. Its intended use is for self-discovery, training, coaching, etc. However, DiSC Classic 2.0 is not validated for hiring. The publisher does not recommend DiSC Classic 2.0 for this application. If you are looking for a tool which has been researched and validated for hiring, please review our premiere selection assessment, PXT Select.
- Instant Access Codes: Receive access to the DiSC assessment quickly and easily with our instant access codes – no account needed! Simply check out online and immediately receive an email with your code(s). These codes can be used to begin the assessment by yourself or someone else.
- EPIC Administrator Account: Need more control over the process? Brand your report covers, store assessment data, distribute assessments, and easily download reports any time with your own EPIC account. Perfect for consultants, trainers, and DiSC facilitators. Open a new account with our EPIC starter bundles or purchase additional credits for your account.
Instant access code
Purchase the DiSC Classic 2.0 assessment with Instant Results. Results are shown immediately after completion.
Quantity prices in cart.
Instant access code
Purchase the DiSC Classic 2.0 assessment with Emailed Results. Results are sent to an email address you specify.
Quantity prices in cart.
How to use DiSC Classic 2.0 Effectively
The DiSC Classic 2.0 profile is frequently used to develop competencies in the areas such as:
- Discovering your behavioral strengths
- Learning to understand and value the strengths of others
- Discovering ways to deal with conflict effectively
- Developing greater skill in collaborating by adapting to meet the needs of otheMany organizations use DiSC to improve communication skills. It is also frequently used to increase sales skills. Sales people learn to understanding client or customer behavior and decision making styles. Another application is reorganizations. DiSC can be used to reduce personal and organizational conflict during such times of high stress. New team members can get up and running with each other quickly and effectively. New team leaders gain insight into each new member of their team and can adjust how the manage for greater effectiveness. Of, course these needs do not only occur during reorganizations; the need to improve relationships can occur anywhere and at any time within the life cycle of organizations.
Ultimately, we hope you decide to use DiSC to build meaningful and more impactful relationships that will bring better results. DiSC is a simple model that provides powerful insights. And, because it is simple, people get it quickly and can apply it right away on the job.
Understanding the Model
The DiSC Personality Profile attempts to understand your personality based your natural behavioral tendencies. The assessment is based on William Moulton Marston’s DISC Theory published in his 1928 book, The Emotions of Normal People. The Theory identifies a person based on four distinct temperaments:
The Assessment and Report
The assessment provides 28-forced choice questions which the user must answer each question. Once the questions are all answered, the assessment is automatically scored and the respondent’s profile is created.
Thanks to work of Dr. John Geir, who developed the original assessment, and through the continued refinement over the years by Carlson Learning, Inscape Publishing, and John Wiley & Sons, DiSC Classic 2.0 provides three levels of interpretation within the assessment. In addition to the graph, which provide the person’s primary and secondary styles, the profile includes an intensity index and a Classical Style Pattern assignment. There are 15 classical styles which were developed from studying thousands of people who have taken the assessment. Classical Patterns are based on a person’s specific graph placements for each D, i, S, and C style.
Understanding your DiSC personality style and the DiSC Styles of others provides insight that can improve rapport, communication, team effectiveness, customer service, sales, and also reduce interpersonal conflict.