Everyday, all across the globe, employees are promoted into new leadership roles based on their personal performance. New leaders quickly discover that once they become a leader, it will be the performance of their team that will form the basis of their evaluation, going forward. This course covers the basics of performance management:
- Learn to make quick diagnosis about why there is a performance gap
- Successfully determine the appropriate action for different performance issues
- Learn how to coach employees through performance corrections
- Learn how to teach new job skills
- Industry Versions: each kit includes an office, industrial and healthcare version
- Classroom Timing: between 4 – 4.45 hours includes 30 minutes of breaktime
- Online Timing: on average, learners spend 60 minutes
- Blended Timing: depends on how approached. Can complete in 2.3 hours
- LMS: All courses are SCORM compliant. Hosted through your LMS or ours
- Number of Participants: 9-21 recommended for classroom delivery
- Intended audience: First line supervisors, team leaders, managers
- Reinforcement: two kinds are build into each module
- College Credit: Vital Learning courses are accredited through the Univ of Phoenix
- Certification: No certification is required. On-demand TTT’s available for all modules that include our enhancements and tips!
- Identify team member performance issues.
- Determine when to train new skills and when to coach existing skills.
- Address team member performance issues quickly to improve individual performance and increase individual and team productivity.
- Prepare for a coaching session by using observation and analysis to build a plan for a successful dialog.
- Use the “training new skills” and “coaching existing skills” skill points to plan and conduct performance improvement meetings with team members.
Skill Points for Training New Skills:
- Open: Briefly describe the new task to be learned.
- Clarify: Identify any prior experience the team member may have to assist in learning.
- Seek/Share: Explain and demonstrate the task, step-by-step.
- Agree: Have the team member demonstrate the task and provide feedback.
- Close: Express your confidence in the team member’s ability to perform the new task.
Skill Points for Coaching Existing Skills:
- Open: Briefly describe the team member’s performance problem.
- Clarify: Ask for the team member’s help in solving the performance problem.
- Seek/Share: Discuss the causes of the problem and seek solutions.
- Agree: Agree on specific actions to improve performance.
- Close: Express your confidence in the team member’s ability to solve the performance problem.
- Brand new team leaders, supervisors, or lower level managers.
- Team leaders, supervisors, managers who have missed basic supervisory training along the way.
- Team leaders who are experience frequent turnover, conflict on their teams, lawsuits, or any issues that requires them to call upon HR to their team.
- A great number of issues team leaders bring to HR are due to a lack of basic supervisory skills. If you want to reduce the time HR is spending doing the work of the supervisor, the Leadership Essential Series is a perfect choice.
- If your organization has previously introduced DiSC to supervisors, it can become a thread through these courses. It can also be brought into the skill practice in each course.
For the Facilitator:
For the Participant:
1. Facilitator kits- everything needed to facilitate this course
2. On-demand train-the-trainer with tips, best practices, enhancements and alternate ways to deliver activities
3. Facilitator access to the Vital Hub- jogger card templates, trouble shooting guides, reproducible worksheets and more
1. Participant workbook – in digital or print versions
2. 48 Hour reinforcement tool – reinforces what’s been learned in first 48 hours following training
3. Vital Boost- six weeks of reinforcement questions with a leaderboard to compare scores
4. Participant access to the Vital Hub for reproducible worksheets, trouble shooting guides and more
- Open the course
- Here’s what you do
- Determining coaching or training
- What makes excellent training
- Introduction to the skill points
- What would you say?
- Overcoming obsticals
- Introduce positive model
- Training new skills positive model video
- Coaching existing skills positive model video
- Skill Practice #1 Preparation
- Skill Practice #1 Coaching
- Skill Practice #1
- Skill Practice #1 Feedback
- Skill Practice #2 Preparation & Coaching
- Skill Practice #2
- Skill Practice #2 Feedback
- Skill practice debrief
- 48 hour reinforcement
- Vital Boost
- Review achievement path
- Close the class