Your cart is currently empty!
Developing Performance Goals and Standards Facilitator Guide
Developing Performance Goals and Standards
The Developing Performance Goals and Standards Facilitator Guide is a comprehensive resource for anyone who will lead a face-to-face (in-person or hybrid) performance goal-setting training program for managers or supervisors. The Facilitation Guide covers everything that is involved when planning and delivering a Developing Performance Goals and Standards training session.
The Developing Performance Goals and Standards Facilitation Program provides materials to teach two key concepts:
- The Effect of Fuzzy Performance Standards – Participants will learn to write specific, targeted goals.
- Writing S.M.A.R.T. Performance Standards – Participants will learn the process of writing S.M.A.R.T. performance standards. Statements should be specific, measurable, and aligned with team and organizational goals, and actionable.
To support the learning of these key concepts, the Developing Performance Goals and Standards facilitation guide provides the following resources:
- Positive Model Review – The positive model review uses video and written scenarios to help participants learn and digest the course’s key concepts.
- Skill Practice – Facilitators will have just under 2 hours of skill practice facilitation content that they can use to have learners engage in the course content.
- Reinforcement – At the conclusion of the training program, facilitators will be able to introduce and turn on a reinforcement resource that will allow participants to practice what they have learned on their own time.
The Developing Performance Goals and Standards Facilitator Guide is designed to be used exclusively with the Developing Performance Goals and Standards participant workbook. Vital Learning publishes both the workbook and the facilitation program. This course is one module of a 12-module series titled Leadership Essentials. You can facilitate this course on its own or include it as part of a larger management training series using the other modules.
Who is the Developing Performance Goals and Standards Facilitator Guide designed for?
The facilitator guide is designed for anyone who is tasked to deliver and conduct management training. If you are seeking a course that will help front-line managers develop their direct reports through specific and measurable performance goals. These concepts can be applied to onboarding and employee development. The skills learned by managers will lessen the load on HR and L&D teams since managers will be expected to help their employees set and achieve their goals.
What is the length of this course?
The live class is designed to be delivered in under 4 hours.
What is included with the Developing Performance Goals and Standards Facilitator Guide?
Upon the successful purchase of this facilitator guide, you will receive the following:
- Scripted leaders guide
- Instructions about additional materials needed to run each activity (flip charts, etc.)
- Videos and scripts for skill practice
Participant/Learner Developing Performance Goals and Standards workbooks are required to use this course and are sold separately.