Discover the Impact of the Five Listening Approaches and listening styles. It’s estimated that people screen out or change the intended purpose of what they hear in over 70% of all communications. The biggest factor contributing to such miscommunications is our listening approach. Behavioral research shows that people listen with a preferred listening style. The Personal Listening Profile describes five listening approaches:
- Appreciative: Listens in a relaxed manner, seeking enjoyment, entertainment, or inspiration.
- Empathic: Listens without judging, is supportive of the speaker, and learns from the experiences of others.
- Comprehensive: Listens to organize and make sense of information by understanding relationships among ideas.
- Discerning: Listens to get complete information, understand the main message, and determine important details.
- Evaluative: Listens in order to make a decision based on information provided and may accept or reject message based on personal beliefs.
Understanding personal listening approaches are key to good communication. Effective listening skills are crucial to communicating productively both inside and outside the organization. The Personal Listening Profile® helps people become active, purposeful listeners in a wide variety of situations leading to productive communication.
|Min Quantity||Max Quantity||Price Per Profile|
(Note: if you are ordering 1 or 2 profile it is often cheaper to buy the online version since there if no shipping costs).
Understanding Personal Listening Approaches
Featured Case Study
Short annotation goes here that describes the content of the case study, highlighting the outcome.
Featured Research Report
Research on and of validation of the Personal Listening model.
Latest From The Blog
How Supervisory Skills Keep Small Issues From Becoming Big Problems (Spoiler: It will save HR lots of time!) Newly...November 12, 2018