Joe and his mom: a story about listening
Online Personal Listening Profile
Most of the problems we encounter in organizations would be well served by more communication between the parties involved. But quantity of communication does not always equal quality. We often just miss each other in dialog.
Why is that?
Different situations require different personal listening approaches. This understanding is essential to good communication. The Personal Listening Profile® helps people become active, purposeful listeners in a wide variety of situations for more productive communication.
What is the Personal Listening Profile?
The Personal Listening Profile helps individuals:
- discover their natural approach to listening
- capitalize on their listening strengths
- learn how different listening approaches impact listening effectiveness
- improve their ability to understand the purpose of different communications
- use listening approaches appropriate to the situation
- overcome listening barriers and reduce conflict
- enhance individual and team performance
How will the Personal Listening Profile Help?
It’s estimated that people screen out or change the intended purpose of what they hear in over 70% of all communications. The biggest factor contributing to such miscommunications is our listening approach. Behavioral research shows that people listen with a preferred listening approach. The Personal Listening Profile® describes five listening approaches:
- Appreciative: Listens in a relaxed manner, seeking enjoyment, entertainment, or inspiration
- Empathic: Listens without judging, is supportive of the speaker, and learns from the experiences of others
- Comprehensive: Listens to organize and make sense of information by understanding relationships among ideas
- Discerning: Listens to get complete information, understand the main message, and determine important details
- Evaluative: Listens in order to make a decision based on information provided and may accept or reject message based on personal beliefs.
What Does the Personal Listening Profile Cost?
|Quantity||Price Per Profile|
|1 – 24||$43.00/each|
|25 – 49||$41.00/each|
|50 – 74||$38.50/each|
The Personal Listening Profile with Instant Results will show the assessment results immediately.
The Personal Listening Profile with Emailed Results won’t show results immediately. We will send the results to an email address of your choice. Results can take up to 1-business day.